Thursday, June 24, 2004

Video Game Zombies

When I was around 9 years old, I am using that as an estimate since I don't really remember how old I really was. There was a clip on some parody show called "Video Game Zombies." VGZ scared the shit out of me. It was about these were kids who spent all of their time in the arcade playing games. Their eyes were hollowed out, they had no emotions, all they wanted was quarters to play video games, and they would hunt down people for their quarters. This terrified me, and for a long time I was afraid of becoming a video game zombie, since at the time and well basically ever since I have had a bit of an obsession with video games. Anyway, my dad used to tease me and tell me that if I kept playing those games I might end up a Video Game Zombie.

At the time he had no idea that it would become a $10.6 billion dollar industry. Tomorrow when he buys EA stock, he will pray for a video game zombie epidemic. I guess it was pretty smart of him to give me my first computer in the early 1970s, and all of the video game titles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home